Mrs. Wall

This blog is to help teachers (and parents) share and exchange classroom ideas and activities. I love sharing ideas with others, so please let me know if you have any good ideas you would like to tell me about.

Coming Soon!

COMING SOON!
I'm working on a couple of new posts at the moment. One is for a reading work station, and the other is for a writing work station.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Brochure for Leveled Readers

I am always trying to come up with new things to do in small reading groups.  The brochure idea is an oldie but a goody.  If you have never had your students do one before or if it's been a while since you've done one, maybe you'll find this helpful.  Of course you can tweak this or level it to suit your students' needs.
This is an example of the brochure,  laid out and open so that you can see the entire front and back.  There just happened to be 5 chapters in this book, so there were just enough panels for each chapter, including a title page.

 I decided what from each chapter was going into the brochure and guided my top reading group through the process.  This activity is teaching the students strategies to build reading comprehension, to create and interpret diagrams, and to fill in graphic organizers with related information.  

No comments:

Post a Comment